At Kontagent, we recognize that privacy and data policies are extremely important both to our customers and also users. As such, we work extremely diligently to ensure that our data policies are in strict compliance with the policies of the platforms from which we are collecting data. We also want to ensure that your data privacy as a developer is maintained as well. We strive to be as transparent about our data policies as possible.
- “Aggregated non-personal information” is information that is recorded about users and collected into groups so that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user.
- “Anonymous Data” is information from which the identify of the originating application and Customer that collected the data cannot be identified and includes but is not limited to aggregated data.
- “Application server” is the server where the developers are hosting their applications.
- “Customer” is the developer or the users that are using the application.
- “Customer Data” is the data that you, the developer, sends to us.
- “Facebook User Data” is data that the end-user enters explicitly into their Facebook profile. Facebook User Data Does not include Social Behavioral Data.
- “Monetization Data” is data that directly quantifies the amount of revenue generated from an end-user via a Customer application.
- “Servers” are the servers hosted by Kontagent.
- “Social Platform” are platforms such as Facebook, Myspace and Opensocial.
- “Social Behavioral Data” is data collected concerning interactions on a Social Platform including but not limited to interactions by a user with other users.
- “User” is the end user who is the one using the application
- “User Behavioral Data” is data collected concerning a user’s activities on a Social Platform, including but not limited to interactions with applications, that do not involve interacting with another user.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
In order to provide you with the full range of services, we collect the following information:
- Social application data – Data passed from your server to our server. This data includes messaging channel data (for Facebook, this includes invites, notifications, feeds, etc.) which is user-to-user interaction data.
- Custom data – Including but not limited to page views, custom event and monetization data.
- Cookies – Data stored in the user’s cookie that allows us to determine the state of data we’ve collected.
- Location data – IP information from the end users used to determine the location of the user.
Kontagent will use the data to provide you with:
- The dashboard metrics and insights
- Benchmarking information for select plans
Customer Data Privacy
We respect the sensitive nature of the Customer Data that we are collecting. Each Customer’s Customer Data, separated by application, will be housed in it’s own sandbox, so there are no common storage structures between each Customer’s Customer Application Data to be used for providing analytics. We will not give away or sell any Facebook User Data. Any Social Behavioral Data or User Behavioral Data that is exposed beyond the sandbox of the Customer will be used in an anonymous fashion whereby it is not possible to identify the originating application and Customer that collected the data.
Kontagent employees, may, on occasion look at customer data for test purposes.
We may publish or share with third parties Anonymous Data derived from data including Customer Data, such as in aggregated analyses. Additionally, we may share Customer Data, Social Behavioral Data, Monetization Data and User Behavioral Date with partners that you have explicitly authorized or specified in your Enterprise Agreement, or under the terms of a separate agreement between you and such partner.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of Customer Data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We restrict access to personal information to Kontagent employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Data integrity is extremely important to Kontagent. As such, it is number one priority that we provide our customers with the most accurate data possible. There may be situations that are beyond our control, but we take reasonable steps to ensure uptime of our servers, processing, storage and backup of collected data.
All Customer Data will be stored on 3rd party servers leased to Kontagent by the 3rd party server provider. In the circumstance that we change this policy, Customers will be notified 30 (thirty) days prior to the change and will have the option to access the data that will be removed.